Briefs of october
- 10 October 2018 – Raymond Ley, who died at the age of 91, played a decisive role in implementing major changes at Renault, where he served as president from 1986–1992. Not least in the area of design, as he appointed Patrick le Quément and supported the transition he led from styling to industrial design.
- 18 October 2018 – The auctioneer Pierre Cornette de Saint-Cyr knocked down the Suzuki ‘Swift the Eye’ painted by Richard di Rosa for 14,360 €.
- 23 October 2018 – The designer James Dyson, best-known for his vacuum cleaners and hand-dryers, announced his intention to produce an electric car by 2020 in a new factory to be built in Singapore.
- 29 October 2018 – Jo Stenuit, a graduate of the Royal College of Art, was appointed head of design for Mazda in Europe, succeeding Kevin Rice.
- 1 November 2018 – The Japanese firm Muji presented an autonomous minibus, the Gacha Shuttle Bus.
News by Serge Bellu