Briefs of september and october
- 24 September 2018. Citroën appointed Pierre Leclercq to succeed Alexandre Malval with effect from November. The Belgian designer had spent many years working for BMW and then KIA.
- 30 September 2018. At the concours d’élégance organised by the magazine Gentlemen Drivers in Marrakesh, French elegance was rewarded in the shape of the Facel Véga Excellence. The jury included Giorgetto and Fabrizio Giugiaro (GFG), Flavio Manzoni (Ferrari), Louis de Fabribeckers (Touring) and Henri Pescarolo.
- 4 October 2018. The Paris Motor Show opened its doors, with the world premiere for some concept cars in store, in particular from the French manufacturers, Renault, Peugeot and DS.
- 8 October 2018. Kevin Rice, a distinguished former member of Mazda’s design team, became director of the design centre created in Frankfurt by the Chinese firm Chery.
- 9 October 2018. For their second edition, the Automobile Club de France Awards created at the initiative of Antar Daouk rewarded students from design schools.
News by Serge Bellu