BRIEFS OF JUNE AND JULY
- 17 June 2018. Traditionally, the EyesOn Design Exhibition in Detroit brings together the most beautiful ‘dream cars’ of all time.
- 24 June 2018. The Swiss Concours d’Elégance, organised by Mathias Doutreleau at Coppet, awards a prize to an Alfa Romeo with bodywork by Graber.
- 12–15 July 2018. As every year, the Festival of Speed at Goodwood features a massive sculpture by Jerry Judah, who received the Grand Prix for Art at the Festival Automobile International in 2017. This year, it pays tribute to Porsche’s 70th anniversary.
- 15 July 2018. After shattering the course record at Pike’s Peak in Colorado, Romain Dumas breaks the hill climb record at Goodwood. His fine-looking machine, the I.D. R, was designed in Volkswagen’s studios.
- 18 July 2018. Porsche commissions a series of photographs from Peter Lindbergh, showing a classic 911 and the Mission E concept car.
- 25 July 2018. Sergio Marchionne, the CEO of Ferrari and the Fiat Chrysler group, dies from a cerebral embolism at the University Hospital of Zurich.
- 28 July 2018. A Lexus LFA decorated by the Portuguese painter Pedro Henriques takes part in the parade organised before the start of the Spa 24 Hours race.
L’actualité par Serge Bellu