BRIEFS OF APRIL AND MAY
- 22 March 2019 : Hyundai unveiled an SUV painted by the artist Andreas Preis.
- 10 April 2019 : The New York International Auto Show had several new concept cars in store, including the Genesis Mint
- 11 April 2019 : A disguised prototype of the forthcoming mid-engined Chevrolet Corvette was driven in the streets of Manhattan.
- 18 April 2019 : Renault opened a design studio in Shanghai.
- 18 April 2019 : Auto Shanghai opened and was, as ever, full of new models, in particular the first low-cost electric car, the Renault City K-ZE.
- 23 April 2019 : Simon Loasby became head of design for the Hyundai Design Center in Namyang, reporting to Sang Yup Lee, with Luc Donckerwolke as overall head of design for the Hyundai group, a position in which he succeeded Peter Schreyer in November 2018. Simon Loasby was known for his work at Rolls-Royce from 1991-2001, then at Volkswagen from 2001-2017, before he joined Hyundai in China.
- 1 May 2019 : Jozek Kabaň became head of design for Rolls-Royce following Giles Taylor’s departure. The designer of the Bugatti Veyron and long-time head of design for Škoda, he was recruited by BMW to replace Karim Habib. At BMW, his place was taken by Domagoj Dukec.
- 7 May 2019 : Artcurial offered for sale a Porsche 911 painted by Speedy Graphito.
- 8 May 2019 : Volkswagen opened pre-orders for its electric ID.3, which will be officially presented at Frankfurt in September.