012 – Briefs – May 2019
- 1 May 2019. Jozek Kabaň became head of design for Rolls-Royce following Giles Taylor’s departure. The designer of the Bugatti Veyron and long-time head of design for Škoda, he was recruited by BMW to replace Karim Habib. At BMW, his place was taken by Domagoj Dukec.
- 7 May 2019. Artcurial offered for sale a Porsche 911 painted by Speedy Graphito.
- 8 May 2019. Volkswagen opened pre-orders for its electric ID.3, which will be officially presented at Frankfurt in September.
- 20 May 2019. The death was announced of Niki Lauda, Formula 1 World Champion in 1975, 1977 and 1984.
- 26 May 2019. Victory of the French driver Simon Pagenaud at the Indianapolis 500-Mile race
- 27 May 2019. FCA proposed a merger with Renault, but the project came to nothing.
News by Serge Bellu