The Army Museum in 10 founding dates
1670 : Louis XIV founds the Hôtel national des Invalides (National Invalides Hotel)
1676 : The Liberal architect Bruant is replaced by Jules-Hardouin Mansart.
1706 : The Church of the Dome is inaugurated by Louis XIV.
1777 : The collections of the Plans-Reliefs museum moved to the Invalides.
1789: On July 14, the Parisians seized the guns and cannons of the Hôtel national des Invalides.
1840 : The ashes of Napoleon 1st are transferred under the Dome.
1905: At the creation of the Army Museum, General Niox becomes its first director.
1937: The tomb of Marshal Ferdinand Foch was completed under the Dome, commander-in-chief of the allied forces on the Western front in 1918.
1970: The museum of the Order of the Liberation is created at the Invalides.
2020 : The Hôtel national des Invalides celebrates its 350th anniversary